Philosophy and Policy
Sharp prides itself on its commitment to safety, with safety being a responsibility of every Sharp team member.
The Sharp Safety Management System provides our personnel with a structured managed approach to controlling the safety risks within our operation. It is managed in accordance with the requirements, regulations and standards of various authorities including the Civil Aviation Safety Authority.
Sharp Group Safety Policy
All personnel shall foster a corporate culture that displays the following characteristics:
- Senior personnel lead by example
- Clear policy and operating procedures
- Risk assessment is an integral business process
- Continuous improvement of the safety management system is ongoing
- Personnel communicate regularly with each other on safety issues
- Senior personnel actively encourage personnel to report accidents, incidents and threats in a non-punitive environment without fear of retribution
- We do not tolerate deliberate or reckless unsafe behaviour or failure to report accidents or incidents
- Recognition of Human Factors and Human Factors Training
- All personnel are concerned for the safety of their colleagues, customers, contractors and the communities we serve
- Government regulations and industry guidelines are used as a minimum standard
- Providing sufficient resources in equipment, systems, procedures and qualified personnel for the Safety Management System to work effectively
- Customer service, profitability and on time performance are considered business imperatives but safety and security are always more important
- All personnel take full responsibility for safety and security; and
- Safety achievements are recognised and celebrated.
If you require further information or would like to discuss our safety program please contact:
Safety and Quality Assurance
Sharp is subject to a number of internal, external and quality control audit procedures. We conduct our own daily, monthly and annual internal audits and are assessed annually by CASA.
At Sharp we consistently review our operations to achieve best industry practices. Many years of operational practice have allowed us to develop an extensive operations and procedures manual. If you would like any further information in regards to Sharp Airlines' Quality Control please contact Chief Pilot - Mr Malcolm Sharp: email@example.com