Job Opportunity: Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Sharp Aviation Maintenance are seeking applications from B1 and B2 Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineers to join our CASA Approved Maintenance Organisation located at Launceston Airport, Tasmania.
Launceston offers an enviable lifestyle, as well as a good economy, affordable housing and a choice of great schools all in one of the world's most beautiful environments. You will enjoy the benefits of living in a major centre, combined with easy access to beaches, rivers, lakes and national parks, or live with these right on your doorstep!
We are looking for full time as well as contract staff to meet the varying Line and Base maintenance requirements associated with the Sharp Airlines Operation. Knowledge and experience on the Metroliner SA227 aircraft and / or TPE 331 engine would be beneficial.
All applicants MUST have the right to work in Australia & be eligible to hold an Aviation Security Identity (ASIC) Card.
Sharp Airlines is a dynamic regional airline operating from South Australia, Victoria and Tasmania with RPT, Charter and FIFO contracts. We currently operate a fleet of ten SA227 Metro's and three C441 Conquest aircraft.
Applications via email to the General Manager Engineering, Claud Freeman, email@example.com Please include short cover letter and CV.
Job Opportunity: Senior Base Engineer
Sharp Aviation Maintenance are seeking applications for the position of Senior Base Engineer to assist the General Manager Engineering in managing the Launceston operation.
Sharp Aviation Maintenance are a CASA Approved Maintenance Organisation based in Launceston Tasmania.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Aircraft Maintenance Activities
- Ensure that all aircraft and aeronautical product maintenance carried out by the company is in accordance with the standards specified in the documented procedures and the regulations
- Monitor compliance with regulatory requirements and the company’s documented procedures
- Ensure that any corrective action resulting from audit activity is fully actioned in a timely manner
Data and Records Management Activities
- Ensure that all necessary data is available to staff when required.
- Ensure that all maintenance records are kept in accordance with the documented procedures, and that the records are retained for the required periods.
- Ensure compliance with any computer control requirements where the computer is used as an aid to aircraft maintenance or certification.
- Assist in the management of all work and planning procedures
- Accomplish positive results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; coaching, counselling and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating and enforcing systems policy and procedures
- Provide an enthusiastic and positive high level of service to internal management and external customers
- Maintain positive & effective working relationships with all staff
- Identify opportunities for improvement and potential cost savings and demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement strategies
- Assist in the management of defect reporting and investigation
- Through the GME, bring to the attention of registration holders any discrepancies with aircraft maintenance schedules and to incorporate any mandatory changes
- Ensure that licences and/or airworthiness authorities held by staff are current and valid
- Liaise with customers as required
- Oversee and assist when necessary in keeping work environment clean and safe
- Perform duties in a safe and healthy manner, in line with OHS & Airline Safety Regulations, and as instructed by the GM Safety/Quality Assurance
- Monthly and weekly reporting as required by the GME
The Senior Base Engineer will direct, supervise and assist all personnel under their control. Relevant responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Training employees
- Planning, assigning and directing work
- Appraising performance and rewarding or disciplining direct employees
- Addressing complaints
- Problem resolution
Key Performance Indicators
Key performance indicators include:
- Maximisation of on time performance and aircraft maintenance, as measured by relevant data
- Minimisation of error and delays in engineering tasks
- Minimisation of errors on all documentation
- Engineering productivity, as measured by:
- safety and incident statistics
- budget performance and cost control measures
- maximisation of cost, efficiency and safety benefits
- achievement of company policy directives
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required:
- A sound engineering background and understanding of the regulations
- Experience within an aircraft engineering and maintenance environment
- Demonstrable leadership and interpersonal skills appropriate to the position
- Demonstrable experience in administrative and supervisory roles
- Thorough understanding of and commitment to team work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Time management and organisational skills
- Flexibility and willingness to undertake a variety of tasks
- A high level of computer literacy, with sound knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- The ability to multi task whilst maintaining the highest of standards
Certificates, Licenses and Professional Accreditations
The Senior Base Engineer should be:
- Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (LAME) Engine, Electrical, Instrument and Radio privileges
This position involves a combination hangar and maintenance work, with extensive travel required.
Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Engineer Your Own Sea Change: Deputy Continuing Airworthiness Manager Position Vacancy
Sharp Airlines is committed to providing competitive air services throughout South East Australia. For three decades Sharp Airlines has built a culture based on service and innovation: we listen to customers, encourage initiative, look for opportunities, invest in training and development and cultivate new ideas.
We are seeking to employ an individual who not only has the qualifications, personal attributes and skills required, but who also has a proven ability within the industry. We wish to engage a professional to represent Sharp Airlines to our clients and customers.
The successful applicants will be based at either Essendon or Launceston airport. Hours of work may be negotiated with the CEO.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the CAM to manage the airworthiness standards and regulatory compliance of all company aircraft to a high and professional standard by deciding how aircraft are to be maintained in accordance with the CAMO Exposition and CASA Regulations.
- Research, develop, implement and monitor the efficiency and reliability of the fleet.
- Assist to maintain appropriate and compliant instructions and procedures with regard to Minimum Equipment Lists, Systems of Maintenance and Approved Maintenance Programs.
- Identify, record and control non-conforming products and services.
- Control of sub-contractors employed by the CAMO to assist with aircraft maintenance.
- Investigation and reporting of defects.
- Production, management and distribution of technical data.
- Perform duties in a safe and healthy manner, in line with OHS & Airline Safety Regulations and as instructed by the General Manager Safety & Quality Assurance.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement strategies.
The preferred requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Experience in Continuing Airworthiness Management/Maintenance Control.
- Type experience relevant to Fairchild SA227 Metro Liner and Cessna C441 Conquest aircraft preferred.
- Sound engineering background and a good understanding of the regulations.
- Flexibility and willingness to undertake a wide variety of tasks.
- A high level of computer literacy, with sound knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and Takeflite software.
- Hold an ASIC and airside driver license.
Applications to be emailed to: